Monday, December 27, 2010

The day after the Boxing Day Blizzard

Shanna writes: "Now this is what I call a snowstorm!!! Snow blocked us in the house. I can't see any walls in my yard. My street is covered. Roughly 20 inches of snow and I love it!!!


Webmaster Dan reports: The measurement on the back patio table at Birch Street Headquarters was 20 inches at about 1 p.m. But by then some of the piled up snow had blown off, so it's possible we got 2 feet. A National Weather Service spotter in Fanwood recorded 26 inches as of 1 a.m.

A shout-out to our neighbor Harry for clearing the end of our driveway with his snow blower!
Snow accumulation reports compiled by the National Weather Service:
Fanwood26 inches
Yonkers19.5 inches
Scarsdale11.5 inches
Central Park NYC 20 inches
North Babylon LI 18.5 inches
Fredericksburg, Va - 1.5 inches
Please send along your holiday & blizzard stories and photos. If you like you can upload your pictures to our site on Picasa: Here's how.

1 comment:

  1. Charleston, SC - Flurries
    Don't laugh, this is only the second time it snowed in 11 years!

    ReplyDelete